Young Professional Programme
Swindon Dance, enriching lives through dance
Our Young Professional Programme supports young dancers within five years of graduating from a three year full-time training at Vocational College, Dance Conservatoire or equivalent as they start out in the professional world.
Applications for April 2024 to end of March 2026 ARE NOW CLOSED
The Young Professional Programme is a two-year programme that aims to support young professionals by reducing the financial pressures a young dancer faces when trying to start their professional career. This is not a tutor led course and each dancer will be expected to be self-motivated and have the ability to research, plan and implement their own plan towards achieving their goals.
Each participant will receive financial support and guidance to enable them to gain skills development and continued training such as; dance technique, creating, auditioning, marketing, creative problem solving, producing and mentoring. A goal plan will be agreed between each participant and Swindon Dance which outcomes will be measured against.
It is hoped that these young professionals will go on to become longer-term associates of Swindon Dance.
The scheme commences from 1st April each two years.
Next round starts April 2024.
Meet our Young Professional Artists
Our current Young Professional Artists for 2022 to 2024 are,
- Dan Baines
- Josh Hoffman
- Sam Amos
find out about them and their work via our Online Platform CLICK HERE
- 2-year support;
- bursary up to £2,000;
- tailored support based on each individuals goals and aspirations;
- mentoring and advise;
- access to the studio’s resources; and
- marketing and communications support.
Who we are looking for:
- young professional dancers specialising in any genre;
- a UK resident;
- have graduated from a three-year full-time training from vocational college, Dance Conservatoire or equivalent;
- Has a minimum of one-years experience working professionally within the dance industry, and
- are within five years of graduation
DOWNLOAD INFORMATION PACK HERE
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM HERE
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR REQUIRE FURTHER INFORMATION EMAIL HERE