Children & Young People
Swindon Dance values working with children and young people by offering them exciting and inspirational opportunities to engage, participate, create and perform in a wide range of dance activities led by artists, teachers and practitioners of the highest calibre.
Swindon Dance is dedicated to maximising the opportunities for children and young people to take part in high quality dance programmes such as weekly dance classes, choreographic projects with world class artists and local and regional dance platforms to celebrate achievements.
We do this through:
- Access to Excellence – to widen access to and participation in high quality dance opportunities.
- Talent Development – to invest in exceptional potential and ability in dance
- Health & Wellbeing – to raise self-esteem and to promote healthy and active lifestyles
- Continuing Professional Development – to ensure best practice by teachers, artists and practitioners
Children & Young People Classes (2 – 16 years)
Our classes are designed to give Children and Young People an inspirational and fun first step into dance – they are non-exam orientated and dancers progress by age to the next level enabling them to follow a unique and age appropriate dance pathway. Swindon Dance also offers Easter and summer activities such as their renowned Urban UP Summer School.
South West Regional Children & Young People’s Strategy – BOUNCE
Swindon Dance is an active partner on the Pavilion Dance South West BOUNCE Action Group which supports regionally the development of dance work for children and young people. BOUNCE is a dynamic model to support, ideas, innovation, debate, resources and development of dance for children and young people with emphasis on:
- Schools: developing teacher’s skills in dance
- Workforce: Supporting continual professional development for dance teachers/practitioners
- Experience: Improve dance-related cultural experiences for Children and Young People
- Progression: Develop progression pathways as dancers, choreographers, teachers, leaders and managers.
Swindon Dance is the catalyst for developing and delivering the South West Children and Young People priorities locally working in partnership with schools, youth and community and arts-led organisations.
Swindon Dance is an Arts Award Supporter helping 7 – 25 year olds on their creative journeys!!!
Swindon Dance is delighted to be an Arts Award Supporter offering children & young people in Swindon a unique opportunity to access and experience dance!
Come and See Us
Our doors are open so we can support you in your creative journey’s and welcome you into a world of seeing live dance, taking part in dance classes and projects, performing your work in our dance platforms, venture behind the scenes through our work experience schemes and rub shoulders with the best of the best dance artists in the industry – and all under one roof!!
About Arts Award
The Arts Award is
- a great way for children and young people to be inspired by and enjoy the arts
- offered at five levels, four accredited and one introductory award
- a framework for learning new skills and sharing them
- an opportunity to develop creativity and leadership skills
- a link between young people and creative arts professionals
It supports people aged 7– 25 years to develop as artists and arts leaders and developing creative and leadership skills. As an Arts Award Supporter, Swindon Dance are able support these children and young people working towards Arts Awards www.artsaward.org.uk
So what are you waiting for?
Speak to the Education Team – Helen Ganberg@swindondance.org.uk / 01793 601707