Steps2 is a training programme for children aged 9years+ and provides a stepping stone for aspiring young dancers to develop their dance skills and natural ability.
Steps2 aims to develop physical confidence, inspire creativity, musicality and an individual’s performance and dance skills in contemporary, ballet, jazz, and creative dance. It encourages potential and prepares them for the next step in their training.
Steps2 is a 1-year training programme that runs Fridays, 4.30-6:00 pm. during term time.
The course includes
- weekly dance sessions taught by specialist teachers in ballet, contemporary and jazz
- opportunities to perform at least once a year
- the chance to watch professional dance performances;
- one-to-one meetings with the team and their parents/carers to discuss their progression, aspirations and goal planning;
- Written reports two times during the year
- Sharings of work for family and friends at the end of each term
- Graduation sharing when the student leaves the programme
- Certificate once the student has graduated
Many dancers progress from Steps2 to the Centre for Advanced Training (CAT).
Meet the team
- Manager – Katie Purcell
- Coordinator – Sarah Fletcher
- Core tutor – Zoe Humphries (ballet and jazz specialist)
- Core tutor – Helen Ganberg (contemporary and choreography specialist)
Find out more attend an open day
Next open day; Friday 1st May 2020 (4.30pm – 5.45pm)
Visit the weekly Steps2 programme during the next annual open day to see snippets of class and the current Steps2 students in training. Meet the team, ask questions and discuss the training programme or the forth coming audition.
Join the programme attend an audition
Next Audition; Wednesday 15th July 2020 (4.30pm – 6pm)
The audition will include a contemporary technique class + creative tasks.
Please note, children do not have to prepare a solo.
To register your interest just click here
For further information and details of costs please contact