Steps2 is a training programme for children aged 9years+ and provides a stepping stone for aspiring young dancers to develop their dance skills and natural ability.
Online classes available for current Steps2 dancers – click here for further info
Steps2 aims to develop physical confidence, inspire creativity, musicality and an individual’s performance and dance skills in contemporary, ballet, jazz, and creative dance. It encourages potential and prepares them for the next step in their training.
Steps2 is a 1-year training programme that runs Fridays, 4.30-6:00 pm. during term time. As a member of Steps2 you will receive:
- weekly dance sessions taught by specialist teachers in ballet, contemporary and jazz
- opportunities to perform at least once a year
- the chance to watch professional dance performances;
- one-to-one meetings with the team and their parents/carers to discuss their progression, aspirations and goal planning;
- Written reports two times during the year
- Sharings of work for family and friends at the end of each term
- Graduation sharing when the student leaves the programme
- Certificate once the student has graduated
Many dancers progress from Steps2 to the Centre for Advanced Training (CAT).
Meet the team
Manager – Katie Purcell
Coordinator – Sarah Fletcher
Core tutor – Zoe Humphries (ballet and jazz specialist)
Core tutor – Helen Ganberg (contemporary and choreography specialist)
Join the programme attend an audition
Next Audition Friday 2nd September 2020. Apply Online
The audition will include a contemporary technique class + creative tasks.
Please note, children do not have to prepare a solo.
For further information and details of costs please contact