3 Aug, 2020 10:00 - 12:30
Venue: Online via Zoom
Summer Social DisDancing – Just For Males 8-16 years
BOOKING FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED
Just for Males – Dance on Screen for 8 – 16 year olds
Zoom classes – Focusing on a digital experience and capturing dance on screen
Led by Liam Wallace (Just for Boys group leader) these sessions will focus on filming and capturing movement and dance on screen. The sessions will include material being taught through zoom in your homes and tips and skill sets to go away and film those phrases through the screen in an area of your choice – The Park, your garden, your home etc. You will come back as a group the following days to share ideas and ways of editing your footage together to make your own film. Liam would offer support, advice, skills and tasks to creating your own movement phrases, how to link the movement to music and how to record movement for dance on screen.
(The films would be kept as your own memorabilia and the footage would only be shared via zoom if you felt you wanted to share)
You would need your own device to record on (a smart phone, iPad, Tablet) and we would suggest an app for editing that is free.
Monday 3rd August: 10-11am
Tuesday 4th August: 10-11am
Wednesday 5th August: 11.30-12.30pm
This class will take place on-line via ZOOM.
You will need a zoom account to access this class.
It is FREE to set up an account. If you do not have a Zoom account head to https://zoom.us/ to create your FREE account.
You will need to create the account in your name (not the Childs name – Zoom will not allow anyone to have an account under the age of 16).
Following your booking, you will receive an email nearer to the time with the Meeting ID and Password number.
To join the class click on ‘Join Meeting’ and enter the information from the email.
You will be taken to a waiting room where the host will let you in 5 minutes before the class is due to start.
We recommend logging on to Zoom 10 minutes before the class starts to give plenty of time for any technical fails/difficulties.
Once you are in the class please change your profile name to your childs FIRST NAME & SURNAME INITIAL (do not add your full surname). To change the name click on the 3 dots on the right hand side of your box and click on ‘rename’.
Swindon Dance requires all participating adults and parents/carers of participating children, young people and vulnerable adults read and understand the following before the start of the session:
- I the Parents/guardian has undertaken a thorough Risk Assessment on the space in which my child is participating in
- Swindon Dance and the tutor cannot be responsible for any injury caused whilst participating in these classes.
- Your Child is taking part in the activity in appropriate clothing in which you would wear to class in a studio setting. This includes footwear.
- Due to the live nature of this class, please de-personalise the space ensuring all family pictures etc. are out of sight and ensure no other family members are in camera view.
- Swindon Dance strongly recommends that you consult your doctor before undertaking any changes in your physical regime
- I am present either in the room or nearby the entire time my Child is online
- If my Child is taking part in the ‘Just for Male’ workshop, I take full responsibility for the devise my Child is using to create the digital film. Swindon Dance and the Tutor will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or downloading of apps during the course of the activity.