Enriching lives through dance
Take care, keep safe, and lets’ get dancing once more.
We are looking forward to getting everyone back dancing this autumn. Although Government restrictions have been lifted Swindon Dance is retaining some measures to keep our staff, tutors, artists, and customers safe as we re-open our building and re-start our activities and classes.
Here are some things you can do before your visit
- Do your own health risk assessment. Taking into account your age and any health conditions or vulnerabilities consider if you wish to attend.
- Consider taking a lateral flow test twice weekly and only attend if the test result is negative.
- Check for symptoms of COVID-19(a high temperature, new and persistent cough, or a loss of/change in sense of taste or smell) before coming to Swindon Dance. If you or anyone you live with, have one or more of these symptoms (even if they are mild) you should not attend, and should follow the guidance on testing and self-isolation.
- Do not attend if you need to self-isolate, for example because you have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, are required to isolate after travel, or because you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms.
At Swindon Dance
- Consider using the NHS COVID-19 app and scan our QR code poster, to support NHS Test and Trace
- Sanitise your hands at reception
- Wear a face covering on entering and moving around the building. Face coverings are not recommended whilst taking part in class.
- Adhere to any COVID-19 safety measures in place, including observing directions given by staff and teachers.
|Arranging to attend a class/activity|
All classes, activities and events are on a pre-booking system.
Booking and payment is via the website https://www.swindondance.org.uk/ except for students on the Diploma in Dance Pedagogy, and the Centre for Advanced Training.
Our reception can be contacted via email or telephone –
email email@example.com / telephone 01793 601700.
Please note there is no ‘drop-in’ service.
|Entrance and exit|
Entrance is via the front door.
The front door will remain closed and will be manned by a member of staff when classes are scheduled.
There is no waiting area inside the building. Only parents/carers of people with special needs can enter the building.
Parents dropping off children are requested to drop them at the front door where staff will look after them and collect them from the exit door at library side of building.
Hand sanitiser and cleaning wipes are available around the building for everyone’s’ use along with signage to help. Hand sanitizers can be found in reception, top and bottoms of stairs, landing areas, entry points for studios and inside studios.
We are operating a one-way system which will be clearly marked in the building. On the stairs this will be up on the right-hand side and down on the left-hand side.
Exiting the building is by the side door in reception (library side). As you arrive at the bottom of the stairs – turn right towards the ground floor studio, the exit door is at the end of the corridor. It is clearly marked, and staff are on hand to help.
|Studio and class safety|
Windows in studios will be open to aid ventilation and droplet disbursement.
Internal studio doors will be closed during class to prevent droplet disbursement into corridors.
Class numbers have been limited and classes will be adapted by the tutor to allow for social distancing.
If attending a Yoga class, you are required to bring your own yoga mat and any other equipment such as bolsters, straps, and blanket.
For safety measures, there is no bare feet in any classes/studio. Please ensure you have appropriate dance footwear for your class or when walking in the studios, for example jazz, ballet, tap shoes or trainers. For contemporary socks may be worn. If you are unsure of what to wear or do not have the dance shoes, please contact reception who will be able to help you with an alternative. You cannot wear your outdoor shoes for class.
Each studio has allocated toilet facility.
Theatre facilities are backstage attached to the theatre. There are two toilet facilities and there is a maximum of one person at a time in each.
Dance studio facilities are opposite the studio. Female facilities will be a maximum of two people at a time and male facilities one person at a time.
Ground floor studio /
Other we have accessible facilities available on the ground floor.
|If you feel ill|
If you feel unwell during a class, please notify a member of staff straight away. They will advise you of what to do.
|Accidents and first aid|
If you have an accident or require first aid whilst at Swindon Dance, first aid requirements will take precedence over social distancing. We will follow our company’s accident and first aid procedures and ensure other people are distanced from those involved.
Lost property will be stored individually in either a plastic or paper bag and held in reception. If you leave something behind, please contact reception via telephone 01793 601700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange collection.
If you remember you have left something behind as you are exiting the building let a member of staff know and they will arrange for you to retrieve your property whilst remaining safe.
Water bottles left behind will be disposed of.
Enjoy your visit!
Swindon Dance Coronavirus Policy
Swindon Dance general enquiries