Swindon Dance – enriching lives through dance
Due to the lockdown this post will now start in January 21
Swindon Dance is looking for a
Caretaker/Facilities Assistant (part time / temporary)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible Caretaker / Facilities Assistant to join our Operations team to ensure the venue is a safe and welcoming place for our customers and staff.
Wage: £9.50 per hour (£18,278 pro rata)
Hours of work: 22 hours per week (various shifts on a rota basis)
- Completing the daily building checklist and rectifying any issues
- Report maintenance issues to the appropriate person and follow up on progress with repairs
- Routine maintenance within the post holder’s skill level and qualifications
- Complete an in-depth monthly building check, identifying any maintenance or Health and Safety issues and escalating them to the Programme Manager for Operations as necessary
- Manage contractor visits to the building
- Regular checking and record keeping in relation to Health and Safety procedures, including fire safety, COSHH, legionella etc
- Support events including setting up studios with chairs and tables and equipment for live streaming Lock and unlock the building
- Cleaning between sessions to comply with Covid-19 safe guidelines. This will include wiping all hard surfaces and may include mopping dance floors.
- Assist the reception team with admitting customers and directing them around the building in line with Covid-19 arrangements
- Answer customer queries politely and helpfully
- To help ensure Swindon Dance is a safe environment through adherence to child protection and health and safety policies.
- Attend meetings as necessary.
- Knowledge of Health of Safety or be willing to learn
- DIY skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good team worker
- IT literate
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Honest and reliable
- Ability to get on with a wide range of people
- Previous experience of a similar role is preferred
- Able to carry out manual work
Applicants must complete and application form
Swindon Dance is committed to equal opportunities and diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.